Tom Harvey In A Nutshell:
- I was born in Chingola, Zambia, a long, long way from Bromsgrove, England - a moderate size town about half way between Birmingham and Worcester.
- I am Scorpio, born in the Chinese year of the Monkey (not quite sure what
- I am a summer, not a winter person, an evenings, not a mornings person.
- I was married on 1st January 1994 to my wonderful wife Jan
- I two sons, Ben, born on the 21st December 2003 and Sam, born 6th May 2008.
- I worked for many years as a (not particularly good) photographer (here are some samples of my photographs), but moved into the IT arena for a company called AAH Meditel, helping to provide customer support for clinical software running on SCO Unix and Windows '9x networks. The company was taken over by Torex and became Torex Health and then by iSoft, and when the company moved its head-quarters to Banbury
I left them and became an IT Project Manager for the NHS Primary Care Trusts in Worcestershire.
- I own a Triumph Spitfire 1500. My dream car is
an Aston Martin DB4 Gt Zagato, but I would settle for a Triumph TR5.
- I am currently restoring a 1957 AMi model H-200E Jukebox. I have wanted one since I was about 14 years old, and when I
had the opportunity to buy one in March 1999, I was not going to miss the
- I live for food. I adore lasagne, I love sweet and sour, I do not believe
that you can ever get enough lemon and sultana cheesecake.
- I follow the varying fortunes of Aston Villa Football Club.
- I have dabbled in what is (rather superciliously) refered to as 'the thinking man's martial art', Tai Chi, and believe me... it ain't as easy as it looks.
- I read the works of Kurt Vonnegut,
Douglas Adams, Douglas Coupland and anything really that takes my fancy!
- I love those sad little adult cartoon soaps that are all over the place these days. The Simpsons, Futurama, King Of The Hill, Duckman, South Park,
Stressed Eric, in fact any of them are worthy of my attention. (I really should get out more!)
- I listen to Beck, The Wedding Present, The White Stripes, Captain Beefheart, The Beach Boys, and any other music (at least once). My all time favorite
song is 'Freak Scene' (by Dinosaur Jnr) but this is prone to change.
- I play very poor guitar (Gretsch 5120 and Ibanez Roadstar
- One day I would like to be a top wind surfer, but I suspect I am getting too old for that game now (I have had 1 lesson so far!)
- If I am on-line, then you might catch me on my webcam.
Tom Harvey, firstname.lastname@example.org
A "Quietly Outrageous" publication, Copyright 1996 Tom Harvey